Yesterday as I was pulling up to Trader Joe's to pick up some fruit, when I noticed a sign advertising 99 cent blueberries at this small produce shop across the parking lot, so I decided to give it a shot.
I walked in and was amazed! It was super tiny, but had ALL the produce I would ever need. I felt like a kid in a candy store! I went in for blueberries and walked out with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, globe grapes, carrots, bell peppers, snow peas, raw walnuts and a small sweet potato bread for Sasja. I could have gotten more, but I like to make sure I eat all my food so nothing goes to waste.
What's funny about this is I remember walking in a produce store about 4 years ago before my vegan transition and not knowing what to get. I used to eat nachos for breakfast. Boy has time changed.
During our group coaching call, 2 of our members were inquiring about a plant based diet and its benefits and specifically what I eat on a daily basis, so I've included that in this post.
However, before we get to it. Let's discuss a few things.
First, this is merely an example of what I eat. As I crave different flavors or different fruits or veggies come in season my meals change accordingly.
Second, I'm sharing this to give ideas and to spark creativity in your mind as you begin to put meals together.
Third, and probably most important, when creating meals for the day, following this Whole Food Plant Based Pyramid will steer you in the right direction. It's how I got my start, when I did not know where to begin.
With this pyramid:
- You WILL reduce inflammation in your body, therefore reducing and potentially reversing most chronic diseases.
- You WILL lose unwanted fat.
- If you add exercise, you WILL achieve the toned arms, legs and the flat tummy you are looking for all without any added protein powder.
How? How are all those benefits possible? It's possible because every time we put processed, dairy or animal products into our body we are introducing foreign substances that causes our body to attack back, which we do by creating inflammation. Inflammation breeds disease. Also, all those additives and refined sugars are pretty much just asking to be stored as fat in your body.
Not everyone can go 100% plant based nor is meant to. So I will give you the same advice I gave my mama that resulted in a 20lb fat lost in 3 months that she has been able to maintain for 10months.
Limit your meat to dinner time, limit your dairy to no more than 2 servings a day, and drastically reduce your processed food intake. She has switched form candies like snickers to raw granola bars, so we are on the right track.
It works! Give it a shot for a couple of weeks and let us know it feels.
Dedicated To Your Success,
Strong 4 Pole, Founder
1. If you're looking for something more hands on, go ahead and apply for a Free Fitness and Nutrition Strategy Session. We would love to help you!
2. If you like this content, please give us a like on our Facebook Business Page. We would greatly appreciate it.
3. If you're out of town, we got you too! Go ahead and apply for your Free Session as well. Make sure to include your current city and state.