Happy Valentine's Day!
Valentine's Day is about love after all and if we pour abundant love into ourselves then we have tons overflowing to give to others. Sooooo we put together a little Valentine's Day gift for you - FREE RECIPES!!!
Part of that self-love begins with what you're putting into your body.
Since we get asked all the time about healthy plant based eating and where to start, we just went ahead and put some super simple yummy, delicious meals for ya.
A few things to take note of:
1. The below recipes strategically share many of the same ingredients to show how easy it is to plan multiple meals with one short grocery list.
2. Sea Salt = Pink Himalayan Sea Salt & Olive Oil = Extra Virgin Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil. We just get lazy with typing out recipes. 😜
3. Soy is good for you. Ignore the myths you've heard and read THIS.
4. We are not big fans of mock meats, but we do eat them. They are just not staple foods for us as we prefer, promote and benefit more greatly from a whole foods diet.
4. Make and enjoy the below meals. Season to taste and use portions that make sense for you. They brought great joy to our households and will hopefully do the same for yours.
Sweet Potato Quesadillas (inspired by Forks Over Knives)
White Sweet Potatoes (make enough for leftovers)
1 Can Vegetarian Refried Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1/2 Cup Quinoa
Organic Corn Tortillas
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes. Boil them until soft.
- Add 1C of water to your 1/2C quinoa. Boil then bring to a simmer and cover until soft. I like to add vegetable bouillon as it cooks for added flavor.
- Once those are cooked, mash the sweet potatoes and combine with quinoa. Add to skillet with beans, salsa, spinach and chopped cilantro
- Season to taste
- Place one tortilla in another skillet, no oil. Scoop mixture on top tortilla. Spread evenly. Place the other tortilla on top. Flip over when ready.
Homemade Soyrizo Nachos
Jicama Sticks (From Trader Joe's)
Organic Corn Tortillas
Soyrizo (From Trader Joe's)
Green Bell Pepper
Sea Salt, Cumin, Garlic Powder
Salsa & Nut Cheese (We used Treeline Treenut Cheese from Ralph's)
Avocado, Cilantro, Lime, Jalepeño
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Stack a few tortillas and cut them into 1/8s. Toss them in a bowl. Mix 1TBS of Olive Oil with juice from half a lime. Lightly drizzle on top tortillas and toss in bowl to coat the tortillas. Then sprinkle your seasoning. I used sea salt and cumin. Tossed again then throw in the oven for about 12 minutes. Turn them over at 6 minutes.
- Diced green bell pepper. Add to skillet with Soyrizo and black beans. Stir frequently.
- In between stirring work on guacamole. Mash one avocado, add diced jalepeño, juice from other half of lime, chopped cilantro, sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
- Blend nut cheese and salsa and set aside.
- Begin making your plate. Half the plate with jicama sticks and the other half with your super yummy tortilla chips.Take mixture from the skillet and spread over your sticks and chips.
- Add your guac. Add chopped tomatoes. Add salsa/nut cheese mix. Top off with micro greens
Red Butter Leaf Lettuce
- Add black beans, diced tomatoes, diced mushrooms, corn and salsa to skillet
- Cook veggies
- Shred half a head of butter leaf lettuce in bowl
- Put mixture on top. Mix together.
- Top off with diced avocado
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos
Mixed Color Bell Peppers
1/2TBS Olive Oil
Tofurky Italian Sausage (optional)
- Drain and pat dry tofu
- Add oil to skillet
- Chop and toss in veggies
- Push veggies to the side, dice and throw in tofu. Scramble tofu and let cook for a bit.
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl. Add some water and mix around. Pour wet seasoning mix over tofu and mix all in.
- Combine scrambled tofu with veggies. Make sure to continue to season to taste.
- Heat up left over sweet potatoes if you still have them. If not, make some more, then cube them really small.
- Take tortilla and place over fire or on electric burner for a few seconds. Flip over and do the same thing.
- Place tortilla on plate, add tofu scramble, cubed sweet potatoes, add salsa, top with micro greens. Repeat for as many tacos as you would like.
- If you have Tofurky Italian Sausages, cut in half then lengthwise. Place in skillet face down and let it cook for a few minutes. Flip over and repeat. Put them on the side or chop them up and add to your taco.
That's all folks!
Hope you enjoy these recipes. If you make these, please tag Strong 4 Pole, please.
- Mia & Sasja
P.S. If you are transitioning into healthier eating habits or want to transition, but you just aren't sure where to start and how to get there, click HERE to set up a 1 on 1 with us. During this session we will iron out the exact next best steps you need to take to be successful in your transition.